The Credentialing Specialist has primary responsibility for the verification of practitioner credentials and the facilitation and coordination of initial appointments, reappointment, and requests for clinical privileges in a timeframe compliant with medical staff bylaws, policies, accreditation standards, and regulatory requirements. Principle duties and responsibilities of this position:
1. Responds to requests for application for medical staff membership and/or clinical privileges and processes applications for appointments, reappointments, and requests for clinical privileges.
2. Verifies licensure, education, training, and other requirements designated by medical staff policy.
3. Reviews completed file for accuracy and identifies problem areas to be brought to the attention of supervisor.
4. Inputs relevant data into credentialing database in a timely and accurate manner.
5. Identifies and obtains current verification of expirable data elements.
6. Maintains working knowledge of changes and upgrades in computer programs.
7. Maintains confidentiality of all documents and information related to practitioners.
8. Keeps files accurate and up to date.
9. May attend and support Credentials Committee meetings.
10. May assist in the collection of pertinent practitioner performance data for use at the time of reappointment and/or renewal of privileges.
11. May review privilege requests for adherence to required criteria.
12. Maintains current knowledge of governing documents, accreditation standards and regulatory requirements, and serves as an internal resource, consultant and educator, alerting appropriate medical staff leadership regarding changes and compliance requirements.
school diploma required, Associate's degree in related field preferred.
Minimum of three years experience in credentialing in a hospital setting.
Apply at BalladHealth.org.